07 DAYS | 03 CITIES
Arrival in LehRead More
Meet our representative upon arrival in Leh and proceed to your hotel. Leh is dotted with stupas and crumbling mud-brick houses, the old Town is dominated by a dagger of steep rocky ridge topped by an imposing Tibetan-style palace and fort. Beneath, the bustling bazaar area is draped in a thick veneer of souvenir shops, bars and restaurants. It is advisable to relax and acclimatize to such a high-altitude region. After lunch, drive to visit Shanti Stupa & Leh Palace, Later in the evening walk around local market. Dinner and overnight stay at the Hotel in Leh.
Tour of Hemis, Thiksey & Shey MonasteryRead More
After breakfast, we drive to visit Hemis Monastery situated 45 kilometers west of Leh; Hemis is the largest and the wealthiest monastery in Ladakh. From Hemis, you are driven back taking the same route to visit Thiksey Monastery, located on a hill-lock with formidable views of the Indus valley. Thiksey is especially noteworthy for its gigantic seated statue of the Maitreya and is also known for its (Dukhang) assembly hall which houses hundreds of rectangular prayer books, stacked between wooden covers and bound in silk. After that we continue to drive through series of chortens to visit Shey Palace the former summer palace of the King of Ladakh. Dinner and Over Night at the Hotel in Leh.
Drive over (Khardungla Pass) - Nubra Valley and Hundur Sand Dunes (160 km/approx. 5 hrs)Read More
Check-out from the hotel after breakfast and drive over Khardungla - the World's highest motorable road at 18832 feet above sea level. At Khardungla pass the snow-capped peaks and the mountain views are amazing. The road then passes through a bridge laid on Glacier which finds its way in Guinness Book of world records, drive through the Valley which is extremely beautiful for photography. Nubra Valley is the Oasis of Ladakh as you see some colorful trees in this region. Later reach your camp site and visit the Sand Dunes. You are likely to get a sight of double-humped bacterian camels, enjoy time at the Sand Dunes of Nubra valley spread across Hundur Village. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Drive back to Leh through Lakes and Diskit MonasteryRead More
After breakfast, proceed to Diskit monastery, which is 515 years old situated on a hill top giving panoramic view of the valley. Later walk around the town of Diskit which has a small village market and giant Buddha Statue. Proceed for the tour of Samsthaling, Panamik, Yaraptso Lake along with the splendid view of the Karakoram Himalayan Range. Samsthaling is situated on the mountainside just above sumur. This was the route taken by the trade caravans, and Panamik, the last village on this circuit, was at that time a busy centre, the last major settlement before the caravans. Proceed back to Leh cross Khardungla Pass once again and reach Leh. Dinner and overnight stay at the Hotel in Leh.
Leh – Drive to Pangong Lake (225 km/approx. 6 hours)Read More
After breakfast, leave for Pangong Lake (14,500 ft), through Changla Pass 17,350 ft., it is the third highest motor-able road in the world. Pangong Lake is the highest salt water Lake in the World, shared by two countries India & China. Enjoy the beauty of the lake on the banks of Pangong Lake while appreciating the changing colors and fascinating high-altitude of the Lake. Witness the total silence which creates an incomparable meditative atmosphere, also enjoy the spectacular view of color-changing lake during different hours of the day. Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Pangong Lake.
Drive back to LehRead More
After breakfast, drive back to Leh and check-in at hotel. Spend evening at leisure or explore the colorful bazaars of Leh city. Dinner and overnight stay in Leh.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Leh airport for return flight.
- In Leh, visit Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace
- Centuries old monasteries in Ladakh – Hemis, Shey, Thiksey, Diskit
- Visit & Stay at world’s highest saltwater lake – Pangong Lake
- Drive through world’s highest motorable passes – Khardung-la & Chang-la
- Stay in Nubra valley and visit to Sand Dunes
- Airport transfers and local sightseeing tours by private vehicle
- Start and End in Leh
- Due to extremely high altitude, people with asthma/heart problem should avoid undertaking this tour, all travellers should consult general physician before planning for this tour. Stay hydrated all day by regular intake of water/fluids, maintain good diet and avoid consumption of alcohol, sleeping pills or depressant drugs.
- Package cost will not be valid during public holidays, festivals, exhibitions and long-weekends.
- A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking.
WHAT DOES YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 6-nights’ accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent.
- Assistance at the airport.
- Meal plan as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Transfers and Sightseeing as per itinerary by non a/c private tourist vehicle using Toyota Innova / Mahindra Xylo.
- All Monastery Entrance Fees & Inner Line Permits, where required
- Drivers allowances, toll, interstate taxes, Govt. Service Tax.
- Air tickets and airport taxes.
- Oxygen Cylinder cost in Leh that is INR.1000/- per day if required.
- Entrance fee at Monuments.
- Guide service.
- Special activities as per the itinerary.
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments.
The highest motorable road in the entire world situated at 5359 is Khardung La in our very own, Ladakh.
Ladakh is not only the highest plateau of Kashmir Valley at 3000 meters above sea level; it is also the highest inhabited point in India.