10 DAYS | 05 CITIES
Arrival in Chandigarh | Kullu – Manali (300 kms / approx. 8 hours)Read More
Meet our representative upon arrival in Chandigarh and proceed to your Manali – a popular hill station in Kullu valley and next to Beas River. A staging point for a number of treks and entry gate to Ladakh, via Lahaul and Spiti. After arrival in Manali, check-in at the hotel and spend rest of the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Places of interest in ManaliRead More
Today, enjoy a full-day sightseeing tour of Naggar. Visit the Nicholas Roerich Art Gallery – Roerich’s house converted into art gallery. Gallery houses number of rare paintings and other specimen of art. Paintings here reflect the unmatched grandeur of sunlit Himalayan Mountains, which were experienced during the painter’s scientific expeditions to the central Asian regions of Sikkim, Tibet, Mangolia, China, Leh- Ladakh, Lahaul-Spiti and Kashmir. Later, also visit temples in Naggar – Jagatipatt Temple, Tripura Sundari Temple and Gauri Shankar Temple. In Manali, Hadimba and Vashisht Temples too could be covered. Return to hotel in Manali for dinner and overnight stay.
Manali – Sarchu (225 km/approx. 8 hours)Read More
After breakfast, proceed towards Sarchu through Rohtang Pass to Lahaul valley, along the Chandra River to Keylong (district headquarters of Lahaul & Spiti), experience ever changing landscape which is mesmerizing and spectacular. Enroute visit the Jispa monastery on the left bank of river Bhaga, built to commemorate the auspicious the 18th KALACHKRA initiation by His Holiness the DALAI LAMA in July 1994. Drive through Darcha, Patsao, Zingzing Bar and over Barlacha-La pass, which is one of the highest passes among other passes on the way to Leh. And, one can see excellent panoramic views of the high rising/sky touching mountains. On the top of Baralacha pass is Suraj Tal (lake), a source of river Bhaga surrounded by CB mountain ranges and gradually descent down through Kalung sarai to Sarchu. Overnight stay in the camps at Sarchu.
Sarchu - Leh (250 km/approx. 8 hours)Read More
Check-out from the camp and start your journey towards Leh. Drive through Gata Loops – 21 winding curves along the road. Adding to the adventurous sojourn, is its high altitude. Once you get here, you do feel like being at 17,000 feet above sea level, given the crispness of the winds and diffused sunlight. As you travel along the hairpin bends and curves, feel the adrenaline rush of being challenged by the terrain. Later drive through high passes – Nakki-La, Lachung-La and Tanglang-La (2nd highest motor-able road in the world). At top of these passes, a tiny temple and a few prayer flags flutter in the strong winds that are peculiar of these passes. After that drive all the way down to Rumptse, an oasis surrounded by barren craggy hills is the first village on the way to Leh, and the last village towards the Manali. Reach Leh by evening and check-in at the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Visit Shanti Stupa and Leh PalaceRead More
It is advisable to relax and acclimatize to such a high-altitude region. Post lunch visit Shanti Stupa - Built in 1991 by Japanese monks to promote world peace, this large, hilltop stupa has brightly colored reliefs on its mid-level and is topped by a spired white hemisphere. The greatest attraction is the stunning view of Leh. Ideally, make the breathless 15-minute climb when golden afternoon light still illuminates the city but the steps up from Changspa are already bathed in cooling shadow. Later, visit Leh Palace – A nine-storey dun-colored palace of 17th century. Today the very sturdy walls are mostly unadorned, but it’s gently thrilling to weave your way through the maze of dark corridors, hidden stairways and makeshift ladders to reach the rooftop for great views across the city. You can seek out the small palace prayer room and a one-room exhibition showing photos of state monuments. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Drive over (Khardungla Pass) - Nubra Valley and Hundur Sand Dunes (160 km/approx. 5 hours)Read More
Check-out from the hotel after breakfast and drive over Khardungla - the World's highest motorable road at 18832 feet above sea level. At Khardungla pass the snow-capped peaks and the mountain views are amazing. The road then passes through a bridge laid on Glacier which finds its way in Guinness Book of world records, drive through the Valley which is extremely beautiful for photography. Nubra Valley is the Oasis of Ladakh as you see some colorful trees in this region. Later reach your camp site and visit the Sand Dunes. You are likely to get a sight of double-humped bacterian camels, enjoy time at the Sand Dunes of Nubra valley spread across Hundur Village. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Drive back to Leh through Lakes and Diskit MonasteryRead More
After breakfast, proceed to Diskit monastery, which is 515 years old situated on a hill top giving panoramic view of the valley. Later walk around the town of Diskit which has a small village market and giant Buddha Statue. Proceed for the tour of Samsthaling, Panamik, Yaraptso Lake along with the splendid view of the Karakoram Himalayan Range. Samsthaling is situated on the mountainside just above sumur. This was the route taken by the trade caravans, and Panamik, the last village on this circuit, was at that time a busy centre, the last major settlement before the caravans. Proceed back to Leh cross Khardungla Pass once again and reach Leh. Dinner and overnight stay at the Hotel in Leh.
Leh – Drive to Pangong Lake (225 km/approx. 6 hours)Read More
After breakfast, leave for Pangong Lake (14,500 ft), through Changla Pass 17,350 ft., it is the third highest motor-able road in the world. Pangong Lake is the highest salt water Lake in the World, shared by two countries India & China. Enjoy the beauty of the lake on the banks of Pangong Lake while appreciating the changing colors and fascinating high-altitude of the Lake. Witness the total silence which creates an incomparable meditative atmosphere, also enjoy the spectacular view of color-changing lake during different hours of the day. Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Pangong Lake.
Pangong – Leh via Hemis (240 km/approx. 6.5 hours)Read More
After breakfast, drive back to Leh via Hemis, evening free for Market. Dinner and overnight stay in Leh.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Leh airport for return flight.
- In Manali, visit to Nicholas Roerich Art Gallery (Naggar), Hadimba, Vashisht and Naggar temples
- In Leh, visit Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace
- Visit & Stay at world’s highest salt water lake – Pangong Lake
- Road trip on world’s highest motor-able roads/ land of passes (Manali to Leh). Including Rohtang Pass
- Drive through world’s highest motorable passes – Khardung-la & Chang-la
- Stay in Nubra valley and visit to Sand Dunes
- Airport transfers and local sightseeing tours by private vehicle
- Start from Chandigarh and End in Leh
- Due to extremely high altitude, people with asthma/heart problem should avoid undertaking this tour.
- All travelers should consult general physician before planning for this tour.
- Stay hydrated all day by regular intake of water/fluids.
- Maintain good diet and avoid consumption of alcohol, sleeping pills or depressant drugs.
- Rohtang Pass road would remain closed every Tuesday for maintenance purpose.
- Hotel Check in 1400hrs and check out 1200hrs
- Package cost will not be valid during public holidays, festivals, exhibitions and long-weekends
- A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking
WHAT DOES YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 06-nights’ accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned below hotels or equivalent.
- 03-nights’ accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above Camps or equivalent.
- Assistance at the airport.
- Meal plan as mentioned above.
- Excursion to Rohtang Pass
- Transfers and Sightseeing as per itinerary in Sarchu & Ladakh by non-a/c private tourist vehicle using Toyota Innova / Mahindra Xylo.
- Transfers and Sightseeing as per itinerary in Manali & Chandigarh will be by medium vechile for 1-3 travelers and Innova will be provided for 4-5 travelers
- Drivers allowances, toll, interstate taxes, Govt. Service Tax
- Air tickets and airport taxes.
- Oxygen Cylinder cost in Leh that is INR.1000/- per day if required.
- Entrance fee at Monuments
- Guide service
- Special activities as per the itinerary
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments