05 DAYS | 02 CITIES
Arrive Guwahati – Shillong (110 kms 3 hrs approx.)Read More
Transfer from Guwahati airport/railway station to Shillong en route visit Umium Lake. Shillong became the first capital of the State of Meghalaya. Located in undulating pine covered hills, the city has a milder climate than tropical India. The city centre is 1496m above sea level and currently has a population of around 270,000. Home to several waterfalls, it is also known as the Scotland of the East. The British legacy is still visible in the architecture and food habits of the population. Overnight at Shillong.
Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong (60 kms 2 hrs each way)Read More
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Cherrapunjee. Cherrapunji in Meghalaya is one of the wettest places on the planet and the only place in India to receive rain throughout the year. The town of Cherrapunji is nestled in the East Khasi Hills about 50 km southwest of the state’s capital, Shillong. Cherrapunji, also known as Sohra or Churra, means ‘the land of oranges’. The cliffs of Cherrapunji also offer stunning views of the plains of Bangladesh. Visit to Seven Sister Falls, Nahkhalikai Falls, Mwasmai Cave, Koh Ram Hoh , eco – park. Return back to Shillong en route visit Shillong peak and Elephanta Falls. Overnight at Shillong.
Shillong – Guwahati (110 kms 3 hrs approx.)Read More
After breakfast at the hotel drive from Shillong to Guwahati. Afternoon free in Guwahati for independent activities. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast visit Kamakhya temple - The temple is dedicated to goddess Kamakhya an incarnation of Sati. It is on Nilachal hill, says the Shiva Purana, that the yoni or creative organ of Sati fell when Vishnu, in a bid to save the world from the Shiva’s tandava nrittya or dance of destruction, cut her dead body into 51 pieces with his suddarshan chakra. Also visit Navagraha temple, Umananda temple, Balaji Temple, state Zoo. Overnight in Guwahati.
After breakfast transfer to the airport/railway station in time for onward connection.
- In Cherrapunjee, visit Seven Sister Falls, Nahkhalikai Falls, Mwasmai Cave, Koh Ram Hoh, Eco – park.
- Enroute visit Shillong peak and Elephanta Falls.
- In Guwahati, visit Kamakhya temple, Navagraha temple, Umananda temple, Balaji Temple, state Zoo.
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Start and End in Guwahati.
- The mentioned supplement costs are subject to change at the time of booking.
- Guest need to carry valid ID proof to obtain special permits required for sightseeing.
- Indigo / Dzire will be provided for 1-3 travellers and Tata Sumo will be provided for 4-5 travellers Supplement cost for using Ac Innova over Indigo/Dzire INR.5775 and over Sumo is INR.3570.
- Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced when asked for.
- Hotel Check in 1400hrs and check out 1200hrs.
- Package cost will not be valid during public holidays, festivals, exhibitions and long-weekends.
- A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking.
WHAT DOES YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 04-nights’ accommodation at mentioned hotels as per meal plans mentioned.
- Meal plan as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All transfers and sightseeing-using vehicle as mentioned (Vehicle will be without the carrier).
- Road Taxes and Parking charges.
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax.
- Air tickets, airport taxes and Visa fee for foreign nationals.
- Cost for supplementary service, optional Tours, Up-gradation Charges, Guide, Sightseeing entrance fees.
- Entrance fee at Monuments as per the itinerary.
- Guide service as per the itinerary.
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments.