10 DAYS | 05 CITIES
Arrival in SrinagarRead More
Meet our representative upon arrival in Srinagar and proceed to your houseboat at Dal Lake. This place is famous for its lakes and the charming houseboats, Srinagar is also known for traditional Kashmiri handicrafts. The lake comprises a series of water bodies, including the Nagin Lake. One can take in the panoramic view of the mountains surrounding Srinagar from this lake. Kashmiri boats called Shikara, are used to explore the intricate maze of waterways on this lake. In evening, visit the popular Mughal gardens – Shalimar and Nishat, followed by a memorable Shikararide on Dal Lake. Overnight stay in houseboat.
Gulmarg Excursion (one way – 50 kms / approx. 2 hours)Read More
After breakfast drive to Gulmarg, ‘Meadow of Flowers’ situated at an altitude of 2730 meters, full day at leisure to take walks on the lush green meadows of flowers with a backdrop of the snow-capped mountains. Enjoy local sightseeing of Gulmarg and Gandola-ride (cable car). By evening return to Srinagar for dinner and overnight stay in houseboat.
Srinagar Srinagar – Sonmarg – Kargil (200 kms / approx. 6 hours)Read More
After breakfast, drive towards Sonmarg - the Meadow of Gold. The drive to Sonmarg is another spectacular facet of countryside in Sindhu Valley. The Sindhu Valley is the largest tributary of the valley of Kashmir. Drive to Kargil involve road passes through the panoramic villages, reach Sonamarg (2740 Mtrs). Drive through Zojila pass 3527 Mtrs (Gateway of Ladakh) and continue driving towards Drass (The second coldest inhibited place in the world). Another two and half hours drive will take you to Kargil (2710 Mtrs) which has got its importance after opening the Ladakh for tourists in 1974. Overnight stay at the hotel in Kargil.
Kargil - Leh (210km / approx. 6 hours)Read More
Depart from Kargil after early breakfast, en-route visiting the monastery of Lamayuru passing through Namkila & Fatula Passes, The highest pass on the Srinagar-Leh road. On way enjoy sightseeing of 1000 year old Alchi monastery, the only Gompa in Ladakh region on flat ground. Thereafter proceed to the Likir Monastrey to visit the splendid three storeys Dharma Wheel Gompa. Here you'll be awestruck with the sight of the massive Buddha statues. Indus & Zanskar River ‘Sangam’ is next highlight, drive along the Indus river and stop-over at Pathar Sahib Gurdwara. Upon reaching Leh, check-in at the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Visit Shanti Stupa and Leh PalaceRead More
It is advisable to relax and acclimatize to such a high-altitude region. Post lunch visit Shanti Stupa - Built in 1991 by Japanese monks to promote world peace, this large, hilltop stupa has brightly colored reliefs on its mid level and is topped by a spired white hemisphere. The greatest attraction is the stunning view of Leh. Ideally, make the breathless 15-minute climb when golden afternoon light still illuminates the city but the steps up from Changspa are already bathed in cooling shadow. Later, visit Leh Palace – A nine-storey dun-colored palace of 17th century. Today the very sturdy walls are mostly unadorned, but it’s gently thrilling to weave your way through the maze of dark corridors, hidden stairways and makeshift ladders to reach the rooftop for great views across the city. You can seek out the small palace prayer room and a one-room exhibitionshowing photos of state monumen Return to hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Drive over (Khardungla Pass) - Nubra Valley and Hundur Sand Dunes (160 km/approx. 5 hours)Read More
Check-out from the hotel after breakfast and drive over Khardungla - the World's highest motorable road at 18832 feet above sea level. At Khardungla pass the snow-capped peaks and the mountain views are amazing. The road then passes through a bridge laid on Glacier which finds its way in Guinness Book of world records, drive through the Valley which is extremely beautiful for photography. Nubra Valley is the Oasis of Ladakh as you see some colorful trees in this region. Later reach your camp site and visit the Sand Dunes. You are likely to get a sight of double-humped bacterian camels, enjoy time at the Sand Dunes of Nubra valley spread across Hundur Village. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Drive back to Leh through Lakes and Diskit MonasteryRead More
After breakfast, proceed to Diskit monastery, which is 515 years old situated on a hill top giving panoramic view of the valley. Later walk around the town of Diskit which has a small village market and giant Buddha Statue. Proceed for the tour of Samsthaling, Panamik, Yaraptso Lake along with the splendid view of the Karakoram Himalayan Range. Samsthaling is situated on the mountainside just above sumur. This was the route taken by the trade caravans, and Panamik, the last village on this circuit, was at that time a busy centre, the last major settlement before the caravans. Proceed back to Leh cross Khardungla Pass once again and reach Leh. Dinner and overnight stay at the Hotel in Leh.
Leh – Drive to Pangong Lake (225 km/approx. 6 hours)Read More
After breakfast, leave for Pangong Lake (14,500 ft), through Changla Pass 17,350 ft., it is the third highest motor-able road in the world. Pangong Lake is the highest salt water Lake in the World, shared by two countries India & China. Enjoy the beauty of the lake on the banks of Pangong Lake while appreciating the changing colors and fascinating high-altitude of the Lake. Witness the total silence which creates an incomparable meditative atmosphere, also enjoy the spectacular view of color-changing lake during different hours of the day. Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Pangong Lake.
Pangong – Leh via Hemis (240 km/approx. 6.5 hours)Read More
After breakfast, drive back to Leh via Hemis, evening free for Market. Dinner and overnight stay in Leh.
Departure from LehRead More
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Leh airport for return flight.
- Mughal Gardens & Shikara Ride in Srinagar
- Excursion to Gulmarg, with Gondola-ride
- Covering Sonmarg, Kargil, Drass, centuries-old monasteries, Indus-Zanskar ‘sanagam’ and Gurudwara Pathar sahib
- In Leh, visit Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace
- Visit & Stay at world’s highest salt water lake – Pangong Lake
- Drive through world’s highest motorable passes – Khardung-la, Zoji-la, Fotu-la & Chang-la
- Stay in Nubra valley and visit to Sand Dunes
- Airport transfers and local sightseeing tours by private vehicle
- Start from Srinagar and End in Leh
- Issued Boarding Passes for Gandola ride in Gulmarg are valid for the period of 03 Hours only, Visitors boarding between Gulmarg to Kungdoori (Phase 1) from 1400 Hrs. to 1600 Hrs. can stay at G2 Station till 1700 HRS only and Visitors boarding between Kungdoori(Phase 1) to Apparwath (Phase 2) from 1400 Hrs. to 1500 Hrs. can stay at Apparwath (Phase 2) - G4 Station till 1600 HRS only.
- Due to extremely high altitude, people with asthma/heart problem should avoid undertaking this tour.
- All travellers should consult general physician before planning for this tour.
- Stay hydrated all day by regular intake of water/fluids.
- Maintain good diet and avoid consumption of alcohol, sleeping pills or depressant drugs.
- Hotel Check in 1400hrs and check out 1200hrs.
- Package cost will not be valid during public holidays, festivals, exhibitions and long-weekends.
- A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking.
WHAT DOES YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 05 nights accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent
- 02 nights accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above houseboat or equivalent
- 02 nights accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above Camps or equivalent
- 1 Session of Shikara Ride at Dal Lake
- Assistance at the airport
- Meal plan as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Gandola Ride upto Phase 1
- Transfers and Sightseeing as per itinerary in Ladakh & Kargil by non a/c private tourist vehicle using Toyota Innova / Mahindra Xylo
- Transfers and Sightseeing as per itinerary in Srinagar will be by medium vechile for 1-3 travelers and Innova will be provided for 4-5 travelers
- Drivers allowances, toll, interstate taxes, Govt. Service Tax.
- Air tickets and airport taxes.
- Oxygen Cylinder cost in Leh that is INR.1000/- per day if required.
- Entrance fee at Monuments.
- Guide service.
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments.
Legends say that Kashmir was once a lake and Rishi Kashyap drained out all the water by creating a gap in the Baramulla hills, that's why the name Kashmir, meaning"Dried Out Land".
Jammu & Kashmir
Kashmir is famous for its snow clad mountains but an astonishing fact remains that Jammu does not witnesses any snowfall at all!