08 DAYS | 06 CITIES
Arrival in CochinRead More
Meet our representative upon arrival in Cochin and drive towards hotel to check-in. Cochin is amalgam of medieval Portugal, Holland and an English village grafted onto the tropical Malabar Coast. Enjoy city tour covering Mattanchery Palace- gifted to the king of Cochin, by Portuguese in 1555, about 500 year old Jewish Synagogue, Chinese fishing nets, local spices market followed by colorful performing art – Kathakali Dance. Later in the evening, return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Drive from Cochin to Munnar (120 km / approx. 4.5 hours)Read More
After breakfast, check-out from hotel and drive to Munnar - derived its name from the confluence of the three rivers around which the town grew. Today, it offers beautiful vistas, cardamom and spice plantations, aromatic oil factories, sights of several endangered species and the purpleblue of the Neelakurinji flowers that bloom every 12 years. Upon arrival, check-in at the hotel and spend evening at leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Sightseeing in MunnarRead More
Explore Eravikulam National Park, home to various elusive and endangered species. It is a great place to enjoy trekking and offers mindblowing views of the tea plantations. Later, proceed towards Tea Museum (closed on Monday), which gives an insight to the history of tea plantations of this region. Later visit Mattupetty Dam, Eco Point and Flower Garden. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Munnar – Thekkady (90 kms / approx. 2.5 hours)Read More
After breakfast, drive to Thekkady (Periyar) and on arrival check-in at the hotel. Enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of Periyar. Set high in the ranges of the Western Ghats in Kerala, is the Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve. Periyar wildlife sanctuary has a picturesque lake at the heart of the sanctuary. Herds of playful wild elephants have made Periyar Lake their favorite haunt for frolicking in the water. They can be witnessed bathing and swimming here. Enjoy a boat ride on the lake to view the wildlife at close quarters. Other inhabitants of Periyar include the leopard, wild dog, barking deer, mouse deer, Nilgiri langur, bonnet macaque, sambhar, porcupines, squirrels, gaur (Indian bison), wild boar and sloth bear. Later, take a spice plantation tour. The aroma and pleasant ambiance of the spice and tea plantations of Periyar are fascinating. Spices found in Thekkady include pepper, clove, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, turmeric, vanilla and curry leaves. In evening, watch traditional Kalaripayattu show. (Optional) - You can also enjoy an elephant ride in Periyar. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Drive from Thekkady - Kumarakom (130 kms / approx. 3.5 hour)Read More
After breakfast, check-out and proceed to Kumarakom - a charming emerald peninsula jutting into the picturesque Vembanad Lake dotted with innumerable traditional country rafts, boats and canoes. The fresh water of the lake flows into the mainland, making a labyrinth of lagoons, canals and waterways. Enjoy a sunset cruise in Vembanad Lake. Overnight at the backwater resort.
Drive from Kumarakom – Kovalam (180 kms / approx. 4.5 hours)Read More
After breakfast, drive towards south of Kerala, Kovalam- located close to the state capital Trivandrum, it is internationally famed for its palmfringed beaches and rejuvenating centers. This coastal town initially came to notice with the construction of Halcyon Castle by the last Maharani of Travancore - Sethu Lakshmi Bayi. With the arrival of hippies in 1970s, the place gained recognition as a tourist destination and is today renowned for its 17 km-long coastline, which is formed by three beautiful beaches - Lighthouse, Hawah and Samudra. Upon arrival, check-in at hotel and spend rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Kovalam.
Excursion to Kanyakumari, with Trivandrum sightseeingRead More
After breakfast, take excursion trip to Kanyakumari (One way - 85 kms / approx. 2.5 hours) – visit the Vivekananda Memorial, Gandhi Museum and southernmost point. While returning, also cover Napier Museum, Art Gallery and Padmanabhaswamy Temple. Return to Kovalam for overnight stay.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Trivandrum airport for return flight back home.
- In Cochin visit Mattancherry palace & Jewish Synagogue
- Trip to Eravikulam National Park, Tea Plantation & Museum, Munnar
- Stay in Alleppey backwater and cruise in Kerala backwaters
- Sunset cruise in Vembanand Lake, Kumarakom
- Kovalam beaches, Napier Museum, Art Gallery & Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Trivandrum
- Excursion to Kanyakumari
- Sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start in Cochin and End in Trivandrum
- Monument Closed On:
- Cochin - Jewish Synagogue will be closed on Friday/Saturday/Jewish Holidays
- Cochin - Mattanchery Palace will be closed on Friday
- Munnar - Eravikulam National Park will be closed in the month of February & March
- Munnar - Tata Tea Museum will be closed on Monday
- Trivandrum - Padmanabhaswamy Temple – Non-Indians are not allowed. Dress code to enter at the temple is Dhoti for Men & Saree for Women
- Rooms in Munnar and Thekkady will be Non-AC
- Medium vehicle will be provided for 1-3 travellers and Innova will be provided for 4-5 travellers
- Hotel Check in 1400hrs and check out 1200hrs
- Package cost will not be valid during public holidays, festivals, exhibitions and long-weekends
- A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking
WHAT DOES YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 7-nights’ accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned below hotels or equivalent.
- Assistance at the airport.
- Meal plan as mentioned as per itinerary.
- Sunset cruise in Vembanand Lake, Kumarakom
- Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle ?
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
- Air tickets and airport taxes.
- Kathakali Show in Cochin.
- Kalaripayattu show in Thekkady.
- Boat-ride in Periyar Lake.
- Guide service as per the itinerary.
- Entrance fee at Monuments as per the itinerary.
- Special activities as per the itinerary.
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments.