08 DAYS | 06 CITIES
Arrival in DelhiRead More
Arrive in New Delhi, you will be met and assisted by our representative and transfer to your hotel. India's capital & a major gateway to the country, Delhi is contemporary and a bustling metropolis which successfully combines in its fold the ancient and the modern. Its strategic location was one of the prime reasons why successive dynasties chose it as their seat of power. New Delhi also reflects the legacy the British left behind. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Delhi.
Sightseeing in DelhiRead More
After breakfast, proceed for a full-day tour of Old and New Delhi. This fascinating city has been in existence since the 6th century BC and has seen ups and downs from the rule of the Pandavas right up to the British Raj. Visit Jama Masjid, which is the largest mosque in India, commissioned by Emperor Shah Jahan. The courtyard of the mosque can hold about 25,000 worshippers. Enjoy a rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk, the busiest market in Old Delhi…noisy, chaotic and uniquely Indian. You will then drive past to the Red Fort, which was constructed during the rule of Emperor Shah Jahan and served as the residence for the Mughal royal family. It continues to be significant till date, as every Independence Day, the Prime Minister makes a speech from its ramparts as the Indian flag is hoisted. Later, drive past President House and several other government buildings in Edwin Lutyen’s Delhi before you head toward Rajghat, the memorial to Mahatma Gandhi. This simple memorial marks the spot where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated in 1948. Thereafter, visit Humayun’s Tomb, commissioned by Humayun’s wife Hamida Banu Begum in 1562. It was the first garden tomb built in the Indian sub-continent where the Persian architect used red sandstone on a large scale. Later in the evening visit the Qutab Minar, which is the tallest brick minaret in the world; it was commissioned by Qutbuddin Aibak, the first Muslim ruler of Delhi. Overnight in Delhi.
Delhi - Agra (210 km/approx. 5 hours) - Sightseeing of AgraRead More
This morning after breakfast proceed to Agra, arrive and check-it to your hotel. Later, proceed for a half day city of Agra. Visit the Red Fort, which was commissioned in 1565 by The Mughal Emperor, Akbar and subsequently embellished by other Mughal Emperors. The beautiful yet forbidding structure is a handsome example of Mughal architecture. Later, visit the Taj Mahal … a mausoleum built as a symbol Emperor Shah Jahan’s devotion to his beloved queen Mumtaz Mahal. Considered an architectural marvel, its construction took thousands of workers over 21 years to complete. Evening return back to hotel. Overnight in Agra.
Agra – Jhansi – Orchha – KhajurahoRead More
This morning after breakfast proceed to Railway Station to board the train for Jhansi. Arrive Jhansi and drive to Khajuraho by road (220 kms / approx. 5 hour), enroute visiting Orchha. Visit the Orchha fort complex. The Jahangir Mahal in the fort is known for its delicate work balanced with strong masonry. Raj Mahal, the second palace in this fort complex is well known for its murals, depicting religious themes. Later, visit the Raja Ram Temple. Lord Ram is worshipped here as a king. Also visit the Laxmi Narayan temple, a unique blend of temple and fort architecture. Arrive Khajuraho and check in to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Khajuraho.
Khajuraho – Allahabad (275 km/approx. 7 hours)Read More
This morning after breakfast check out from the hotel and proceed for a half -day tour of Khajuraho. Visit the Western Group of Temples -the Kandariya Mahadeo is dedicated to Lord Shiva, and the largest of Khajuraho's temples. The temple of Devi Jagdamba is considered to be one of the most erotic temples of Khajuraho. Later, visit the Eastern Group of Temples- The temple of Parsvanath is the largest of the Jain temples in Khajuraho India and the finest…without any sexual motifs. Later proceed to Allahabad. Arrive in Allahabad and transfer to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Allahabad.
Allahabad – Varanasi (120 km/approx. 3 hours)Read More
In the early morning, proceed towards Triveni Sangam in Prayag (Allahabad), which is the point of confluence of the Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati rivers. Take a holy bath in the sangam as it is believed to wash away all sins and relieve from the rebirth cycle. Furthermore, make a visit to Bade Hanuman Temple and Akbar Fort. Bade Hanuman Temple is one of the most popular attractions here that houses a huge statue of Lord Hanuman. Akbar Fort is a large fort situated by the banks of River Yamuna, built by the famous Mughal emperor Akbar. Later proceed to Varanasi. Arrive in Varanasi and transfer to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Varanasi.
Early morning, enjoy a sublime boat ride on the Ganges River. View the numerous ghats along the bank of the Ganges, presenting a varied scene from dawn to dusk. Later back to hotel for breakfast. Visit the Benares Hindu University, the largest residential university in Asia, a center of Sanskrit, Indian art, culture, and music. Later, proceed to Sarnath, located eight km from Varanasi. It is famous as the place where the Buddha first preached his message after attaining nirvana. Visit the Dhamek Stupa… it marks the spot where the Buddha proclaimed his faith in front of his first five followers. The earliest and most important relic is found here is the Ashoka pillar, erected in 250 BC. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Varanasi.
After breakfast, proceed to Varanasi airport to board the flight for onward destination.
- Visit in Delhi – Jama Masjid, Qutub Minar, Humayun Tomb
- Drive past in Delhi - Red Fort, Rajghat, President House & India Gate
- Rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk
- Visit in Agra – Taj Mahal & Agra Fort
- Fort & temples in Orchha & Khajuraho Temple Complex
- Visit Triveni Sangam, Bade Hanuman Temple and Akbar Fort in Allahabad
- Ganges and Ghats in Varanasi & Sarnath city
- Boat ride on river Ganges
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start from Delhi and end in Varanasi
- Monuments closed on:
- Delhi - Red fort is closed on every Monday
- Agra - Taj Mahal on every Friday
- Varanasi - Sarnath Museum will closed on Friday
- Hotel Check in 1400hrs and check out 1200hrs
- Medium vehicle will be provided for 1-3 travelers and Innova will be provided for 4-5 travelers Package cost will not be valid during public holidays, festivals, exhibitions and long-weekends
- A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking
WHAT DOES YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 7-nights’ accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent.
- Assistance at the airport/ railway station.
- Meal plan as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Boat Ride in river Ganges.
- Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle.
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax.
- Air tickets and airport taxes.
- Rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk.
- Entry Fee at the Monuments.
- Services of English-speaking guide during sightseeing tours
- Train ticket for travel between Agra to Jhansi in A/C chair car
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments.