08 DAYS | 04 CITIES
Arrival in CochinRead More
Meet our representative upon arrival in Cochin and drive towards hotel to check-in. Cochin is amalgam of medieval Portugal, Holland and an English village grafted onto the tropical Malabar Coast. Enjoy city tour covering Mattanchery Palace- gifted to the king of Cochin, by Portuguese in 1555, about 500 year old Jewish Synagogue, Chinese fishing nets, local spices market followed by colorful performing art – Kathakali Dance. Later in the evening, return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Cochin – Thekkady (145 kms / approx. 3.5 hours)Read More
After breakfast, drive to Thekkady (Periyar) and on arrival check-in at the hotel. Enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of Periyar. Set high in the ranges of the Western Ghats in Kerala, is the Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve. Periyar wildlife sanctuary has a picturesque lake at the heart of the sanctuary. Herds of playful wild elephants have made Periyar Lake their favorite haunt for frolicking in the water. They can be witnessed bathing and swimming here. Enjoy a boat ride on the lake to view the wildlife at close quarters. Other inhabitants of Periyar include the leopard, wild dog, barking deer, mouse deer, Nilgiri langur, bonnet macaque, sambhar, porcupines, squirrels, gaur (Indian bison), wild boar and sloth bear. Later, take a spice plantation tour. The aroma and pleasant ambiance of the spice and tea plantations of Periyar are fascinating. Spices found in Thekkady include pepper, clove, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, turmeric, vanilla and curry leaves. In evening, watch traditional Kalaripayattu show. (Optional) - You can also enjoy an elephant ride in Periyar. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Full day leisure at ThekkadyRead More
After breakfast, enjoy full day leisure at Thekkady. Overnight in Thekkady.
Thekkady – Kumarakom (125 kms / approx. 3.5 hour)Read More
After breakfast, check-out and proceed to Kumarakom - a charming emerald peninsula jutting into the picturesque Vembanad Lake dotted with innumerable traditional country rafts, boats and canoes. The fresh water of the lake flows into the mainland, making a labyrinth of lagoons, canals and waterways. Spend the rest of the day at beautiful resort of Kumarakom. You may enjoy traditional Ayurveda massages here - ayurveda is the ancient healing system of India and has been practiced continuously for over 5,000 years. The various treatments are individually prescribed and involve the use of medicated herbal oils, herbs, powders and poultices & natural ingredients. In evening, explore the Kerala Backwaters through sunset cruise at Vembanad Lake. Overnight stay in Kumarakom.
Full day at leisure at KumarakomRead More
After breakfast, enjoy full day at leisure at Kumarakom. Overnight stay in Kumarakom.
Kumarakom – Mararikulam (30 kms / approx. 1 hour)Read More
After breakfast, drive to Mararikulam. Mararikulam is one of the best beaches in Kerala offering idyllic beach stay experience. Marari is a very relaxing beach retreat stays. Beaches are good for swimming and very private. Arrive and check-in to your hotel. Rest of the day leisure at the hotel. Overnight stay in Mararikulam.
Day at leisure in MararikulamRead More
After breakfast, enjoy full day at leisure – relax on white sand beaches of Mararikulam.
Departure from Cochin (30 kms / approx. 1 hour)Read More
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Cochin airport for return flight back home.
- In Cochin visit Mattancherry Palace & Jewish Synagogue
- Introduction to Spices at Spice Village Thekkady: This is an interactive cooking demo with our chef who will demonstrate the art of using spices. The resident naturalist will introduce all the spices which chef has been using for this cooking demo.
- Eco activities at Spice Village Thekkady: Recycling of water, solid waste management, solar energy and organic farming.
- Other activity at Spice Village Thekkady: Yoga, running slide show on the flora and fauna, tennis, badminton and basketball.
- Yoga, Eco Talk, Butterfly Garden, Bird-watching and Kerala Martial-art session at Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom.
- Sunset Cruise at Vembanad lake, Kumarakom.
- Interactive-cooking, Yoga & Meditation sessions at Marari Beach Resort.
- Other activities at Marari Beach Resort: Bicycle ride, Village walk and visit Butterfly Garden.
- In Marari, relax on the white sand beaches of Mararikulam.
- Sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Start and End in Cochin.
- Monument Closed On
- Cochin - Jewish Synagogue will be closed on Friday/Saturday/Jewish Holidays
- Cochin - Mattanchery Palace will be closed on Friday
- Rooms in Munnar and Thekkady will be Non-AC
- Hotel Check in 1400hrs and check out 1200hrs
- Medium vehicle will be provided for 1-3 travellers and Innova will be provided for 4-5 traveller
- Package cost will not be valid during public holidays, festivals, exhibitions and long-weekends
- A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking
WHAT DOES YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 07-nights’ accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent
- Assistance at the airport
- Special activities at CGH resort
- Meal plan as mentioned above
- Sunset Cruise at Vembanad lake in Kumarakom
- Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist AC vehicle
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
- Air tickets and airport taxes
- Kathakali Show in Cochin
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Boating at Periyar Lake, Spice plantation tour & Kalaripayattu show
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary visit
- Entry Fee at the Monuments
- Services of English-speaking guide during sightseeing tours
- Optional activities are subject to availability. Charges additional.
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments
A humongous tea producing destination, Munnar annually yields around 50,000 metric tons (50,000,000 kilograms) of tea.
Kerala is the only state of India with 100% literacy! Every village in Kerala has hospital and banking facilities.