07 DAYS | 04 CITIES
Arrive Guwahati – Shillong (110 kms 3 hrs approx.)Read More
Transfer from Guwahati airport/railway station to Shillong en route visit Umium Lake. Shillong became the first capital of the State of Meghalaya. Located in undulating pine covered hills, the city has a milder climate than tropical India. The city centre is 1496m above sea level and currently has a population of around 270,000. Home to several waterfalls, it is also known as the Scotland of the East. The British legacy is still visible in the architecture and food habits of the population. Overnight at Shillong.
Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong (60 kms 2 hrs each way)Read More
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Cherrapunjee. Cherrapunji in Meghalaya is one of the wettest places on the planet and the only place in India to receive rain throughout the year. The town of Cherrapunji is nestled in the East Khasi Hills about 50 km southwest of the state’s capital, Shillong. Cherrapunji, also known as Sohra or Churra, means ‘the land of oranges’. The cliffs of Cherrapunji also offer stunning views of the plains of Bangladesh. Visit to Seven Sister Falls, Nahkhalikai Falls, Mwasmai Cave, Koh Ram Hoh , eco – park. Return back to Shillong en route visit Shillong peak and Elephanta Falls. Overnight at Shillong.
Shillong – Kaziranga (230 kms 4-5 hrs approx.)Read More
After breakfast drive from Shillong to Kaziranga. Kaziranga National park is a world heritage site famous for the Great Indian One Horned Rhinoceros. The landscape of Kaziranga is of sheer forest, tall elephant grass, rugged reeds, marshes and shallow pools. Kaziranga also has a good number of Tigers and is home to large breeding population of Elephants, Wild Water Buffalo and Swamp Deer. Overnight at hotel.
Early morning elephant ride at the park & return to the hotel for breakfast. Later Jeep Safari in the Central range of the park. Overnight at hotel.
Kaziranga – Guwahati (230 kms 4-5 hrs approx.)Read More
After breakfast drive from Kaziranga to Guwahati. The gateway to the northeast and the largest and most cosmopolitan city in the region, Guwahati serves as the starting block for most Northeast itineraries. It’s a somewhat featureless city – a prosaic heap of glass and concrete for the most part – but there are a scattering of interesting temples to explore. Walk its back alleys and old quarters, however, and you will be able to salvage a generous amount of local flavour that lingers amid its suburban sprawl of ponds, palm trees, small single-storey traditional houses and old colonial-era mansions. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast visit Kamakhya temple - The temple is dedicated to goddess Kamakhya an incarnation of Sati. It is on Nilachal hill, says the Shiva Purana, that the yoni or creative organ of Sati fell when Vishnu, in a bid to save the world from the Shiva’s tandava nrittya or dance of destruction, cut her dead body into 51 pieces with his suddarshan chakra. Also visit Navagraha temple, Umananda temple, Balaji Temple, state Zoo. Overnight in Guwahati.
After breakfast transfer to the airport/railway station in time for onward connection.
- In Cherrapunjee, visit Seven Sister Falls, Nahkhalikai Falls, Mwasmai Cave, Koh Ram Hoh, Eco – park
- Enroute visit Shillong peak and Elephanta Falls
- In Guwahati, visit Kamakhya temple, Navagraha temple, Umananda temple, Balaji Temple, state Zoo.
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start and End in Guwahati
- All the mentioned supplement costs are subject to change at the time of booking
- Kaziranga National park will be closed from 1st June 2020 to 30th September 2020. Partially open in May 2020.
- Guest need to carry valid ID proof to obtain special permits required for sightseeing
- Indigo / Dzire will be provided for 1-3 travellers and Tata Sumo will be provided for 4-5 travellers
- Supplement cost for using Ac Innova over Indigo/Dzire INR.7927 and over Sumo is INR.3990
- Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced when asked for
- Hotel Check in 1400 hrs and check out 1200 hrs
- Package cost will not be valid during public holidays, festivals, exhibitions and long-weekends
- A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking
WHAT DOES YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 06-nights’ accommodation at mentioned hotels as per meal plans mentioned
- All transfers and sightseeing-using vehicle as mentioned
- Meal plan as mentioned above
- Road Taxes and Parking charges
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
- Air tickets, airport taxes and Visa fee for foreign nationals
- 01 Round Elephant Safari & 01 Round Jeep Safari at Kaziranga National Park
- Cost for supplementary service, optional Tours, Up-gradation Charges, Guide, Sightseeing entrance fees.
- Entrance fee at Monuments as per the itinerary
- Guide service as per the itinerary
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monument
The Kamakhya Temple is one of the most popular temples in India and is a Hindu temple dedicated to the mother goddess Kamakhya, one of the oldest Shakti Peeths.